Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Musical Interlude

Genesis (the real Genesis), 1972.




No fancy costumes, no strange haircuts, just a bunch of very talented musicians doing their thing.

PS - The song is "Twilight Alehouse". It's not on any album I know of, and it is, in part, the inspiration for this blog's name. I was gonna go with "Stammtisch" to keep the German thing going, but it wasn't sitting right with me. I was YouTubing old music and ran across this, so I used it.

Little story: I almost got to go to a Genesis concert during this phase of the band (1974). Unfortunately, the parental units deemed me too young at the time. It would be another two years before I could attend a concert. Seeing as it was Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Liberty Bowl, it was worth the wait.

No comments: