Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fred Left Too Soon?

Via Bitter comes this revelation by Ace:

Oh, Dear: Fred Would Have Picked Up All 47 of Louisiana's Delegates Had He Not Dropped Out?

Running an organization which was apparently clueless to this fact and thus dropping out hours before one's first actual win seems to indicate the opposite-- he made the right choice.
Maybe that's the case, but as I alluded to here, I think Fred's plan was to be VP from the get-go. I don't think anyone who has been in law and politics as long as he has can be that inept.

He probably saw his buddy McCain gaining momentum, saw those delegates looming on the horizon, and rather than muddy the waters, he decided to get out.

That's how I would have done it.

It may be a total crock, but you heard it here first. =).

4 comments:

Sebastian said...

Based on what I heard coming out of his campaign, it may have actually been that dysfunctional.

Rustmeister said...

I heard the "Jeri factor" was part of it, but why be good at something when you know it's not how it's going to play out?

I know I'm just speculating (and hoping).

Anonymous said...

Multiple people who interacted with them said it was their campaign. They just didn't get it together. The signs I saw wouldn't have had anything to do with her, even if she was controlling. But I think that was more media speculation than anything. I never heard that from anyone who dealt with the campaign.

Unfortunately, by entering the race so late, he couldn't line up the organization needed to run an effective campaign.

Rustmeister said...

Indeed, and like a story I linked earlier, all the local movers and shakers were "spoken for" by the time Fred jumped in.