Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mission Creep

I noticed the other day, via Conservative Scalawag, that the government is trying to seize 7 million bucks worth of silver from a guy.

While the story is interesting in its' own right, this caught my eye:


That's partly why von NotHaus' group has been followed for years by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a group that tracks political extremism.
I know a bit about the SPLC, and I'd say that's a generalization at best. More like a mischaracterization.

Their agenda isn't about political extremism in a broad sense. They have a very narrow focus. It used to be strictly about white on black violence. Now they run the (narrow) gamut.

Let's just say groups like ELF aren't listed on their "hate map" (no link for them, screw 'em) I also find it funny how the racist groups are sanitized by using terms like "White Nationalist" and "Black Separatist" while others get more specific names like "Anti-Immigrant". The best one, by far, is "General Hate".

I've worked for a few Generals in my time, never has one been bad enough to form a hate group over.

The SPLC is in the same boat as affirmative action and trade unions - no longer needed, but still fighting to stay relevant. 

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPLC - Southern Preposterous Lie Center. Nothing but a bunch of assholes lying to line their own pockets.