Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memphis Tea Party - The Day in Pictures

Quick update - I had estimated the crowd to be over 2000, and, from what I've gotten via email, I was right.

Just 2500 short.

Folks in a better position to know this stuff estimate the Memphis crowd to be at 4500. Damn fine showing, folks.

Here's the stage:



A good indication of the size of the crowd. Of course, that's about a third of what was there:



These were the "street greeters" who were getting folks to honk in support. They got an earful:



I have to say, the irony of the location was not lost on me:



A view from behind the stage:



Protest mom and protest child:



Protest babes:



Truer words were never put in print:


More to come, including a guest appearance from a dormant blogger!

.

No comments: