Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guns Aren't the Only Hot Items These Days

Looks like a certain book is flying off the shelves as fast as 9mm ammo:

Washington, D.C., February 23, 2009--Sales of Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” have almost tripled over the first seven weeks of this year compared with sales for the same period in 2008. This continues a strong trend after bookstore sales reached an all-time annual high in 2008 of about 200,000 copies sold.

One commenter here says:
I read it years ago, but i recently when to my public library to try to take out a copy to re-read it. All 16 copies in the system were checked out. I then went to borders and there were only two copies left.

Hey, Breda, you all have any left?

I better get me a copy.
Thanks to Scalawag for the pointer.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading it for the first time and am about 1/3 through it, but the format I've got it in (mass market paperback) is frustrating to read. I should pony up for a hardcover copy. Problem is, I could also spend the $25 on a couple boxes of ammo to put back. :)

drjim said...

I've read it several times in the past, and really enjoyed it. I'll have to dig mine out and read it again.