Friday, February 27, 2009

Dan Snyder is an Idiot

Why do I say that? Because he just spent $154 Million on two players, DeAngelo Hall and Albert Haynesworth.

I'm not saying this because of the money, we all knew Big Al was gonna make the big bucks.

I say it because, once again, Dan Snyder is trying to buy his way to a Super Bowl. He tried it once before, getting Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Joe Gibbs, etc.

It didn't work then, it won't work now.

Dan, it's called a football team for a reason. A winning team is more than the sum of its' parts, it's something developed over time. Ask Jeff Fisher. He and the Titans' front office have built a couple of good teams over the years, all while losing their star players to free agency. They do it by focusing on team chemistry, not by buying up every star player on the market.

Dan, the Titans will be in the playoffs again this season. Will your 'Skins?

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I agree with your comment about Snyder and free agents. (I suspect the team may never reclaim it's former glory while he is owner - given his ties to Vinnie Cerato, possibly the worst personnel guy in the league.) In the case of Haynesworth and Hall, however, I'll say it looks like money well spent. Hall came in and played well and didn't cause any trouble last season. Haynesworth is the best DT available and still in his prime. Plus the 'Skins don't have much in the way of a draft this year, so I'll say well done, Danny Boy on these signings.

Rustmeister said...

I think we Titans fans are split down the middle as to Albert's impact.

I wish him the best, but I can't help but think last season was the best anyone will see out of Big Al.