Monday, July 7, 2008

The More I Read About Obama

The more I hope folks see him for what he is, rather than what he says he is:

So when I'm President, I will set a goal for all American middle and high school students to perform 50 hours of service a year, and for all college students to perform 100 hours of service a year. This means that by the time you graduate college, you'll have done 17 weeks of service.

We'll reach this goal in several ways. At the middle and high school level, we'll make federal assistance conditional on school districts developing service programs, and give schools resources to offer new service opportunities. At the community level, we'll develop public-private partnerships so students can serve more outside the classroom.

I thought community service was what celebrities got for screwing up.

I guess Barack Karn Evil 9 Obama wants us all to be celebrities! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Found via Bitter who found it at NRO who both have more thoughtful posts on the subject.

.

2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

Didn't Mao do something similar during the Great Leap Forward...?

Rustmeister said...

I wouldn't doubt it.

He's really beginning to scare me.