Monday, April 28, 2008

Nashville Mayor Joining Bloomie? (also:Rule Three, Dammit!)

Here ya go:

A national movement among urban mayors against illegal guns and the so-called “gun show loophole” has made its way to Knoxville and Memphis. Nashville Mayor Karl Dean said he is exploring joining that cause.
I'm surprised it took him this long.

Now, to address what got me on this in the first place:

Rick Uselton, owner of Rivergate’s Uselton Arms Inc., supports closing the so-called gun show loophole that allows private party gun sales without background checks.
He also puts his finger on the trigger when posing for a picture. Like one commenter said, that makes him look like a poser.

I wonder if any "modification" of Mr. Uselton's comments occurred during the editing of this story? I've got even money on it.

1 comment:

Yuri Orlov said...

Ah, another "I'm a gun owner, but..." guys. Figures.