Saturday, November 10, 2012

Obama Won, and I'm Glad...

... and here's the reason:

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
Seriously, think about it. A former community organizer, running a negative campaign rife with class warfare and the politics of division, loses his bid for re-election.

His substantial ego crushed, he is no longer "the man".

What does he do now?

Or, more to the point, what does the former community organizer do now?

See where I'm going with this?

I truly think he would have become Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton on steroids, and he would have been very, very effective at it. I'll leave the details to your imagination (kinda like his 2008 campaign)

So now, he has four more years, unencumbered by re-election concerns. If he has a good four , he'll ride off into the sunset, with the occasional speaking engagement when the taxes on his Hawaiian estate come due. A bad four? Same thing, he'll just be slinking instead of riding.

Either way, we have what we have: either a a big ol' shit sammich, and we are all gonna have to take a bite, or rainbow colored unicorns DO exist, and everything will be hunky dory.

I think the law of unintended consequences will be in full force, and no one knows what's gonna happen. But, I'm prepping .