Monday, October 4, 2010

Titan Thoughts - Week 4

Before I start, I'd like to say this: Kyle Orton, get the sand outta your panties. Just because you got to know the Titans' turf up-close-and-personal, it doesn't mean you have to cry like a preschooler who lost his binky.

Now, off to the game.

The Titans looked pretty good early on, however the second half wasn't near as good as the first. Why is that? Well, on defense, it was because they were on the field too long. Yes, it's early in the season, and yes, there's a real nice rotation going on, but when they are on the field for over 10 more minutes of playing time, well, they're only human.

Speaking of defense, we lost two linemen to injury yesterday. Haven't heard how bad they are, but it does ratchet up the "Get Haynesworth back" chatter again. I hope they do, not only to help us, but to poke Dan Snyder, who seems to think money can buy a championship.

Speaking of getting somebody back, how many people are wondering if letting Kevin Mawae go was a good idea now? Our O-line is getting blowed the hell up at times, and can't open a hole for CJ to save their lives. Funny how Ringer can get an opening, but CJ can't. Hmm ..... how about we put both Ringer and CJ in the backfield at the same time? Couldn't hurt.

I'm also trying to figure out why our passing game is non-existent. At least in the second half, VY completed two of four passes in the third quarter, and two of four* in the fourth. It seems to me that the coaches are not comfortable with VY, although to me, he makes plenty of good plays in the passing game.

I'm not going to say much about Mariani except he's a future superstar who made a rookie mistake.

I'm not going to say much about Alterraun Verner except he's a future superstar who make a fine showing in his first start. I would still like to see McCourty out there and Verner in the nickel, but hat's just me.

All in all, we lost a game we should have won, and now the schedule gets tough and doesn't let up. If we do make the playoffs this year, we will have earned it, that's for sure.


* I'm not counting the three Hail Marys at the end of the game.

1 comment:

Moogie P said...

I thought you had it won. (And I feared we had ours lost. I have some of the same wonderings about the Saints, but I'll definitely take 3 - 1!)