Sunday, October 10, 2010

Here's a 10-10 I can get with!

As today is 10-10-10, it must be time for Stone Brewing to roll out it annual Vertical Epic Ale, from what I've read, Stone's brewmaster has gone a little crazy with this one:

That said, Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale is mighty tasty right out of the gate. Fermented with the legendary Ardennes strain of Belgian yeast, 10.10.10 is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale brewed with pale malt and triticale (a cross of wheat and rye), hopped with German Perle hops, and steeped with chamomile during the whirlpool stage. In secondary fermentation, we added a juice blend of Muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Sauvignon Blanc grape varieties.
In my experience, the more "stuff" you add to the brew, the less likely it will be any good. I still remember my first Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout.  It wasn't very good.

But, having been to the Stone brewery (hoping to go back soon) and sampled many, many of their beers, I'm holding out hope for this one. These beers are limited production, and we here in TN don't usually see much of this, but I'm resourceful. I'll find some, you betcha.

.

No comments: