Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend Cigar Blogging

Gonna talk about Cameroon wrappers here for a minute.

One thing that sets Cameroon wrappers apart is their origin - while most everything cigar originates from Central America (at least here in the Cuba-embargoing US), the Cameroon comes from West Africa. It brings a lot more to the table flavor wise, introducing spicy notes I usually don't run across in other cigars.

I'm really beginning to love these things. I first tried one when I began this adventure called cigar smoking last year, and I first liked one when I smoked an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story some time later. What I like about these cigars is their flavor profile changes over the length of the smoke, building into a crescendo of spice, cedar and tobacco. You have to slow down a tad toward the end (hard to do), or it'll get hot on ya.

I've now reached the point where the Short Story is a tad too short, so I've moved up to the Best Seller. We'll see how that goes.

Another Cameroon I like is the CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon. It's a lighter smoke than the Hemingways, but nice nevertheless. It goes through some changes as well, but overall, it's milder than the others. Like the link review mentions, it's a bit spendy, for what you get. I got mine in a sampler, so the price wasn't apparent.

That's all till next week!

.

No comments: