Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Titan Thoughts

Wow, 4-6 has never felt so good. The Titans won a close one last night, and looked good doing it. Four in a row, with two challenging games in the next two weeks. If we wind up 6-6 after that, we have a good shot at winning out the rest of the season and possibly making the playoffs. But, that's still a few weeks away. Here's some thoughts from last night:

- Vince Young is back. He's much improved over anything he's showed since joining the Titans. He looks confident and comfortable now.

- Nick Harper shouldn't have been starting last night. Rod Hood is a better player at this point. Coach Fisher needs to take a long, hard look at these two during practice this week and do what is best for the team.

- Chris Johnson is the best running back in the NFL, period. He didn't break off any 50 yard runs this time around, and still gained 150 yards. He did it the old fashioned way, except he averaged 5.5 yards per carry doing it.

- Kenny Britt is going to emerge as a top-tier wideout in the near future. His natural ability is amazing.

- The Texans are a much better team this year than in years past. I thought earlier this year that they'd make the playoffs, but it looks like they still have a few wrinkles to iron out.

Do I really think the Titans can make the playoffs this year? Yes, but it means we have to win out the season, and some other teams have to falter at the same time. The AFC is so tough this year that a 10-6 record might not be enough to make the playoffs.

Playoffs or no, 10-6 would be fine by me.

.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

That's pretty much how I feel about it. :-)

Word verification: trupers. That's appropriate, given the topic at hand.

SpeakerTweaker said...

Funny, me coming to comment here to find that my brother has stopped by. Sup, Brandon!

At any rate, being a still-recovering resident of Memphis, I carry some leftover love for the Titans. Never followed the Oilers much, but the Titans got my attention early on with that whole Super Bowl thing. I figured maybe TN finally has something going for it;)

I was really disappointed to see how the Titans started the season. I really wanted them to do well, and I honestly though they would going into this season. I'm happy to see them winning, playoffs or no. Now, if only I could get some Titans games in San Antonio...