Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Terrorist Attack in Little Rock?

Looks like it (emphasis mine):


The suspect arrested in the fatal shooting of one soldier and the critical injury of another at a Little Rock, Ark., Army recruiting booth today was under investigation by the FBI's Joint Terrorist Task Force since his return from Yemen, ABC News has learned.
So, a Muslim extremist shoots two and kills one. I wonder what the soldiers' Commander in Chief has to say?

I'll insert the quote here once I see it

Ok, he said something:

I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss of their son.
I'll have to echo baldilocks on this:
It's well past the point where President Obama has to front as if he cares about those whom he commands. However, this afterthought is almost worse than saying nothing at all.
Yeah, priorities. He's got them, but they're in the wrong order.

I remember after basic/AIT, how lucky we thought the Hometown Recruiters were to be able to spend their first assignment at home, while the rest of us went off to parts unknown.

Damn.

Thanks to Firehand for the pointer.

.

2 comments:

sgtrvn said...

Soooo, you don't like Obama....
I guess you like a that thief, liar, and murderer Bush better? Obama at least seems relucant to send our young men off to war but Bush enjoyed the whole bloody mess.
He took us to war in Iq. on a LIE!!
There is an old song from the 60's that goes, "....its the worst of men who are the first to fight, but it is the best of men who are the first to die....." So if you want to look at criminal behavior and lawlessness and downright stupidity look at the Republician Party.

Rustmeister said...

Do I like Bush over Obama? Sure do. At least he had a modicum of leadership experience prior to taking office.

He wasn't conservative enough for me, though.

The reasons we went to Iraq are probably far above your level of comprehension. It had little to do with WMDs (which I assume is the lie you refer to), and much more to do with exerting influence over the rogue nations of Iraq, Libya and Syria.

That's what kept us safe after 9/11.

As for songs of the 60's, I somewhat remember the 60's. There was a whole bunch of idealistic narcissism going on back then, and very few songwriters of that era would know a good man if he walked up and kicked them in the nuts.

I do agree that the Republican Party is stupid - any party that abandons their base in order to become "Democrat lite" is as stupid as the day is long.