Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weekend Cigar Blogging

Cigar report from throughout the week:

Saturday: Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro - Nice one, provided a big nicotine kick. Had burniing issues because it was kinda mushy - not tight like most cigars I've had.

Sunday - La Perla Habana Black Pearl Corona Gorda (?) - Ok, I'm gonna say it - the black pepper on the back of the throat thing? It's unpleasant and annoying.

Ghurka Vulcan Churchill - Really nice, although this one, too, was a bit mushy. Burned well, had to even it up once about halfway through, but all in all a nice smoke.

I don't understand why they were mushy like that. I admit, the humidity around here has been high, but the inside of the humidor hasn't been above 74%, usually 72%, and the others are still tight.

Tuesday - Alec Bradley Retreat Churchill - Didn't care much for it. I'm writing this two days after smoking it and can't recall a thing about it.

Thursday - A cheapie maduro called "Prima de Cuba". It was kinda lightweight, but had some interesting spice notes around the middle of the cigar. Not up on my spices, but allspice comes to mind. Different, interesting.


.

No comments: