Saturday, May 16, 2009

Weekend Cigar Blogging

Well, alllrighty, then. While this will post up on Saturday morning, it is a work in progress throughout the week. It will, hopefully, be somewhat coherent by the date of posting.

Saturday - Ghurka Masterblender - Started off similar to a Rocky Patel 1990, but never blossomed into anything more. Kinda "steady as she goes" with this one. I'd smoke it again, but it could have been better.

Sunday - CAO Gold Maduro - Slow start because I can't light a cigar worth a shit yet, but after I evened it up, it was nice. Unlike SailorCurt, I like a little aftertaste. This one was good. Better than the MX2? To be determined....

Monday - Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto - I think I can safely say I don't care for the Corojo. It's the second one from a good cigar maker that I didn't like.

Patargas Black Label - I picked this one up the other day at the Cigar shop in the Mall. Like LB said "Partagas Blacks are an excellent smoke, but will leave you quite light headed if you aren't prepared for it." Indeed, it was stout. The taste was great, but wow! That was a strong one, for sure. At least I now have something to work toward.

Lesson learned: if cigar goes out on you and you let it sit for a while, lighting it back up is not a Good Thing, unless you like the taste of ashtray.

Wednesday - Cohiba Lonsdale (?) - This is a nice smoke. Really even and mellow, nothing to detract from smoking it. The first non-maduro type I really liked. Pricey, though.

All in all, it was a good week

.

2 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

What's your take on Arturo Fuentes' Flor Fina 8-5-8? I kinda decided I'm not a big fan of Maduros...

Rustmeister said...

Just the opposite here, Maduros are looking good to me.

I haven't tried that one yet, but it'll go on the list. =)