Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekend Cigar Blogging

Well, the stash II arrived. Actually, it's from two seperate orders. The first was a sampler from Thompson. It contained:

CAO Italia Robusto
CAO Gold Maduro Torpedo
Ghurka Vulcan Churchill
Ghurka Masterblender Churchill
Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto
Black Pearl Corona Gorda (?)
Cohiba Lonsdale (?)
Alec Bradley Retreat Churchill
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Churchill
Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Toro

I'm not 100% sure on all the sizes, me being a rookie and all.

The second order was from the Famous Smoke Shop. It was five Conuco Maduro robustos.

I'm letting them hang out in the humidor for a while, as I've heard FSS smokes come on the dry side.

So, here's the CAO Italia. It's a bit strong for my taste, and I'm getting pepper on the back of the throat about 1/3 of the way in. Just because I can, I opened a Liefmans Goudenband Flemish Brown Ale to accompany it. Yeah, I know I'll be gouty this weekend, but I have to get rid of that fridge full of beer somehow.

The sour notes of the beer offsets the cigar nicely. This one's going down to the finish.

A couple of quick notes on the previous stash - a couple Rocky Patel offerings.

The Sun Grown is a nicotine bomb. I literally caught a buzz off of it. The 1992 was good, but I really liked the 1990 better.

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you guys check out Cigars from a discount retailer?

Rustmeister said...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Roy said...

In all honesty: I love my Rocky P's. For me it is the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Junior. The taste and the draw is great and they are not that expensive. Really good to enjoy myself.