Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oath Keepers

Shamalama has been spotlighting Oath Keepers.

Who are the Oath Keepers?

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. We won’t “just follow orders.”

Recognizing that we each swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and affirming that we are guardians of the Republic, of the principles in our Declaration of Independence, and of the rights of our people, we affirm and declare the following:

Click here or here to read more.

I have to say, I don't recall ever being told I was no longer bound by the oath I first took back in 1980.

Interesting.

.

1 comment:

Bob S. said...

I took my oath in 1981 and consider to be bound by it still.

I also notice the part about supporting and defending the Constitution has precedence over obeying President....and even that is limited to "according to regulations and the UCMJ".

Thanks for the link to the blog. I've added it to my bookmarks.