Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Music - A Tribute to Bo Diddley

What can I say? He is the father of Rock n Roll. Like most black folks back then, he got the short end of the stick, but his legacy lives on:

First, the master:

1955:


1960:


I thought Jimi Hendrix was the first guy to do wild stuff with a guitar.

Anyone remember this?


Classic

Now for those who came later:

Here's something for the younger generation.

How original! Just kidding, I loved that song.

When I heard Clapton cover this, I thought it was a Bo Diddley cover, but this is Johnny Otis


I hear these guys have managed to get a song or two played on the radio.


Here's one TD would enjoy. Hell, he was probably there.


I could go on for days and days like this, but I'm sure you get the picture.


Ok, ok. Just one more:



Am I stretching it with this one? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I was there!

Rustmeister said...

Yeah, I figured you were. =)