Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Men, Women, And all Those in Between

So, some male feminist has a go at Kim duToit, because Kim's the "the douchiest douche on the planet".

Oh, Myrtle.

Not that Kim wants or needs my help, he handles it with his usual aplomb, but I gotta have a go at this. I can't resist making fun of anyone who uses the word "douchiest" in a serious manner.

I know why men identify themselves as feminist. Insecurity. They feel if they act like a man (aggressive, stubborn, etc.) the woman in his life will leave him. How to stop that? Don't act like a man, act how you think your woman wants you to act, i.e. - metrosexual, feminist, etc.

Newsflash, bub: Women have had us figured out for millenia. They know, and count on us to be aggressive and stubborn. That's our role. Sure, we sometimes go too far and an argument ensues. That's part of it. That's their role: to keep us (somewhat) in check.

Lots more below the fold.



The biggest blow to womanhood came when women were convinced that being wife, mother and homemaker were "lesser" roles. That because men went out and made the money, they were "better" than women, and women, by god, would change all that! I like what the comedian Gallagher says about the situation: "We can do everything a man can do and give birth while doing it!"

Real women know better. They know how important the home is. They know that sooner or later "Mr. Mom" is gonna resort to a food pyrmaid of frozen waffles, Burger Doodle, and pizza to feed himself and the kids. The laundry will get done. All at once. And, the kids will enjoy expanding their vocabulary by watching Dad watch TV.

Not all men are like this, obviously, but a sterotype starts the same way old sayings do - with truth. I've been a single parent since 2000. Lucky for my son, I'd spent a lot of time fending for myself and knew how to cook and do laundry. Expanding the vocabulary? Guilty.

Anyway, I want to highlight a couple of the "feminist's" comments:

There are many things I miss about being married. And while sex is on the list, it's not in my top ten.
I bet it was in hers. If it's one thing I've learned in this journey called life, it's that women like sex too.
I didn't get married for sex, Kim. If an orgasm was all that I'd wanted, I could have stayed home and masturbated.
Wow.
I know this seems strange, but I actually felt an emotional connection with her that transcended physical love.
That's why you're single. When you think of sex, you think of Rosie Palm.
I'm not a woman (though I am a mangina),
What. The. Fuck. What's the opposite of mangina? Wopenis?
Or -- here's a thought -- men could treat women like human beings. Not men, not women, but humans. You know, humans? Part of the ape family, one of the hominids? Homo sapiens? Social animals, pretty smart, mastered fire and the internets? Those creatures?
Don't treat a woman like a woman? You clueless dolt. Most women enjoy being "treated like a woman". If they don't... well, I guess that's what manginas are for.

Ok, suck-up, let me spell it out for you. Men and women have different roles in a relationship. Even Doctor-freakin-Phil will tell you that. We are not the same. We're not supposed to be. We're supposed to supplement each other, compliment each others shortcomings. Which, normally, means women provide nurture, men provide structure. The roles might be reversed (it takes all kinds after all), but still, these roles must be filled. It has to be that way, or the realtionship is doomed, as is the family.

Don't think so? Just look around. By cheapening the homefront, we as a society have suffered. We've lost a whole generation because of it. This country is going to hell in a handbasket because of whiny little suck-up "manginas" like you who don't want to take charge of anything. You just want to "cooperate" and "team-build" to the point where your woman says "Would you just grow a backbone for once, please?"

Sounds like I've been there? Somewhat. Like many from my generation, I was much more liberal than I am now. I was all about "us and ours" over "me and mine", but you know what? That doesn't work. Yes, the family is about "us", but doing so to the point of losing your individuality leads to disaster. This is strictly from a guys perspective, your milage may vary (yadda yadda), but I know I gotta have a little "me" from time to time. Just to keep balanced.

2 comments:

MadRocketScientist said...

A decade ago, we called them SNAGs, or Sensitive New Age Guys. Christine Lavin actually wrote a song about them (find it on YouTube or similar, it is hilarious!).

Real men, (not boors, or cads, or louts, but men who really respected women) new what the little twerps were all about. They couldn't cut it as real men, and couldn't stomach being a lout, so they played the sensitive angle to get pussy.

My wife eats them for breakfast (they are usually high in fiber from only eating organic food) and washes them down with black coffee.

Rustmeister said...

I think I might have found my Sunday Music for this week.

Thanks!