Friday, February 22, 2008

M1 Garand Has Arrived

Here she is:


It's in pretty good shape. The bore is nice, stock has some dings, and the muzzle has some worn bluing, but overall, I'm very happy with the product.

Along with the accompanying documentation, the little bag on the right (your right) is an adjustable gas plug I got from Midway. This serves two purposes. One, firing civilian 30-06 ammo could damage the gun, so adjusting the gas pressure will keep that from happening and two, it can be used to improve accuracy. Garand match, anyone?

Sorry for the dearth of pictures, but Blogger is being a total ass, robbing my new baby from the fame she deserves.

Curse you, Blogger!

More pictures to come.

4 comments:

Firehand said...

Oh yeah, time to hit the range!

Never used one of the adjustable plugs, let us know how it works out.

Rustmeister said...

How did you use commercial ammo? Light bullet loads only?

Anonymous said...

My SA SG Garand came last monday. 1954 SA receiver and barrel, almost perfect blueing, little wear, and a brand new CMP stock.
This is the first time I've ever bought a used gun and actually been a bit disapointed that the condition is better then expected. I was really hoping for a GI stock and maybe a lower serial #. Those dings and wear add character IMNHO, and your Garand wears them with pride.

Rivrdog said...

Firehand, I have an adjustable gas block for my Mini-30, and it works like a dream. I dial it down so that the rifle just barely ejects the spent brass 8 feet, and that's just about right. IMHO, if there is one available for any of your gas guns, you should get it.