Monday, January 14, 2008

The Blogging Thing

I've been on the Internet since the early '90's, when Prodigy, AOL and CompuServe were the main players online. Before that, I became adept at executing DOS commands on the computers of the '80's. I've also owned an Apple IIc (It has 128 Kb of memory! You'll never need more than that!). Safe to say, I've been around a while.

I started reading blogs in late 2001. I've been active in the comments section of some blogs over the years, sometimes adding to the discussion, sometimes stirring the pot, sometimes just being a wiseass.

Now, I have my own blog. Why? Same reason everybody else does it. It's fun to do, and it does serve a purpose. Never wrote a congresscritter till I got into blogs.

Sure, I'd like to have loads of traffic and be quoted throughout the world, but it's not gonna happen. It's nice to know some people out there think like I do. Cause for concern? I think not... well, maybe a little.

I do like looking at all the "back-end" stuff like Site Meter. It's interesting to see who, where and why someone would come to this site. Finland, Germany, Venezuela, Brazil, California* and other foreign countries all drop by. Very cool

Props:

IMAO, the first blog I ever read. Instapundit, who really got my attention focused on blogs over more conventional forms of information gathering. Kim du Toit, one of my inspirations, and especially to SayUncle, who not only inspired me to blog, but gave me my first chance back in 2006.

So, bear with me as I sort through all the things in my head and hopefully figure out which ones are worth sharing. I might seem to have an acute grasp of the obvious, but once in a while I could hit one out of the park.

Thanks for coming by.





* California, I really like you. I've been there a couple times and enjoyed myself immensely. But, there has to be a "butt of the joke", and because of all the publicity-loving nutburgers living there, you're it.
.

No comments: