Friday, February 6, 2009

Catherine Responds

Here it is, fisked for my your enjoyment

The NRA United Propogandists[sic] Cointinue[sic] Obfuscating

As you may recall, I gave a personal opinion on my blog that I believe that assault weapons should be banned. Some NRA proud propogandists[sic] (they displayed a badge stating “NRA propoganda[sic]” blogger) came on my blog and harassed, used my blog for their own concerted agenda and then one of them refered[sic] to me as a crazy person on his blog simply because I had the audacity disagree with their viewpoint on the Second Amendment and other issues.
No, I (and others) came on your blog to explain why we felt you were wrong. Please show where you were harassed.
I am a lawyer but I don’t understand the Second Amendment, but these non-lawyers get it better than me. Oh, and I am crazy, according to them.
The Second Amendment isn't hard to understand, but I guess 25 years of indoctrination education causes words to mean something other than, um, what they mean. It's not rocket surgery.

Because some of the posting was abusive and the blogging was so intense, I decided, according to the rules of my blog that I do not want to subject myself to continue to deal with them because they are not interested in discourse.
Abusive? I didn't see it. Intense? Yes, somewhat. But to say I'm not interested in discourse is not true. The whole thing is about trying to engage in discourse. That's why I blog. That's also why I don't delete comments.

It's your blog, do with it as you see fit, but don't think just because you say something, someone else isn't going to take exception, even umbrage, with your statements. When they do, they will tell you. That's the beauty of the Internet.

They ridicule viewpoints different from theirs. I will not engage in that. See my comments. That is my right.

You won't? I guess "Wingnuts" is a term of endearment?

Their comments are not posted on this blog and will not be in the future. That is my choice.

You hear that? That's the sound of your credibility being sent down the drain. You've committed the cardinal sin of blogging, you deleted comments because they didn't echo your views.

I hope that one day they will let it go and realize that a conversation gets much farther when you don’t ridicule, accuse or otherwise engage in confrontations.
Let it go? So people like you can trample my rights? Not bloody likely.

I have posted a comment from one person who was interested in a discussion and will always do that.

One comment? Oh, thank you, your highness. You are a paragon of objectivity.

Nonetheless, the blogger has continued to harass and post on his blog that he has been nice and polite. That is false, but whatever. The discussion is over people. Let it go.

Point out one comment where I conducted myself in a harassing way. Oh, that's right, you can't. You deleted all my comments.

Also, point out where I said I was being nice and polite. I never said that. I said "it was not in any way harassing or malicious in nature". A bit of a difference there.

You persuaded no one and never will by ridicule. Good bye.

Like I said before, I wasn't trying to persuade you, I was hoping to communicate to some of your readers. The ones not already in lock-step with the Brady Bunch. You're a lost cause, in my opinion.

Buh-bye

.

7 comments:

El Sid said...

She is a major Brady supporter, I'm the opposite. I'm trying to contact her to see if she will agree to a "blog debate." Hopefully she will agree, I'd like to have an us vs. them where it is kept civil, and that's what I plan to do, present the facts and just that, no emotion involved. If I do convince her to do it make sure to link over and keep track, I want as many of us NRA supporters as possible to know about it.

Rustmeister said...

Sounds like an excellent idea.

I'll definitely link it.

Bruce said...

Fun Opportunity Alert: She's hotlinked the pics on that post. Who's hosting them?

Rustmeister said...

Thirdpower and Bitter, looks like. =)

Anonymous said...

She claims to be a lawyer and yet can neither spell nor consistently form grammatical sentences?

Either she's fibbing or it was one poor law school.

Mike W. said...

Remember Rusty, the left has different definitions for words.

"discussion" means only that which they deem suitable.

"Malicious / Harassing" means anything that exposes their bigotry.

Daring to comment on a blog = "ridicule" or "confrontation."

They need an echo chamber. Always have, always will. The Great Lie can't survive without one.

Rustmeister said...

Indeed