Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kriss Super V

Brighton Arms has a Kriss Super V at their store. More than one, actually, but one available to rent (and shoot, of course).

I plan on taking my turn on it next payday, barring any unforeseen financial expenditures.

What I'd like to know is what can I use as a reference point to judge the recoil of this weapon? I watched a guy shoot it yesterday, and he looked like he was getting pushed around a bit, however one of the girls that worked there said it recoiled like a .22.

I wish I had a Camp Carbine in .45, as that would probably be a good benchmark, but I don't. The closest thing I've shot was probably a .44 Henry rifle. I have an M1 carbine, but that's probably not a good comparison, as the M1 doesn't have recoil issues to begin with. My other rifles are in .223, 30-06, 7x54R and 8mm (Styer M95), but I doubt any of those would compare to a .45.

If anyone has a good idea what I could seek out to compare recoil to, let me know. I'm thinking a lever action in .44 Special or .45 LC might be the best choices, and hopefully the gun store would have one available for comparison.

What do you all think?

.

2 comments:

John R said...

A Thompson?

Rustmeister said...

Thanks for a Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious! =)

I think they have one, too.