Monday, April 21, 2008

World Beer Cup

Thanks to Jed pointing me tot he World Beer Cup winners for this year. Like Jed, there were some I've never heard of. Here's the ones that sound interesting:

Alaskan Jalapeno Imperial IPA
Alaskan Brewing Co. Juneau, Alaska

I've had pepper beers before, like Crazy Ed's Chili Beer (now without Crazy Ed, apparently), Rogue Chipolte, which, unlike the former, is actually a good beer. More smoke than pepper. But jalapeno in a super-hoppy IPA? I'd try it.

Vintage AleSmith Old Numbskull
AleSmith Brewing Co.

Old Numbskull rocks. An aged version? Oh, wait. That's what I have in the back of my 'fridge now. Somehow I think aging at the brewry would be better. Just a guess.

JW Dundee's Doppelbock (no link available)
High Falls Brewing Co.

I'd try this one because I've never had anything I liked from these guys.

Amnesia
Grumpy Troll Restaurant & Brewery

3 Dog Night (no link availbale)
Chama River Brewing Co.

Both of these rated ahead of Baltika 6? It's a must-have. Baltic Porter is a great style of beer.

I could go on, but there are 91 categories.

That's a lot of research, even for an ex-homebrewer like me.

2 comments:

West, By God said...

Sacrilege! An abomination of the foulest type! Putting VEGETABLES in BEER.

Putting meat in beer is OK though.

Heh. I've never drank nor brewed a pepper beer, and quite frankly, I'm happy to continue avoiding them. There are too many non-gimmick beers out there I still haven't tried/brewed.

Rustmeister said...

Oh, man, you have to whip out the Cock ale? Ewww.