Friday, February 1, 2008

Chicks and Guns

Amanda writes of her experience with guns:

But what I don't like is the assumption that owning a gun means you are either a. setting yourself up for getting shot or b. a dangerous idiot.

I know owning a gun is dangerous, but so is getting in a car, or sharpening kitchen knives.

So very true. I got a chuckle out of this one:

As a future gun owner myself, I still ride the line on how comfortable I am with them. I worry what others will think of me. I worry about becoming another shot-myself-in-the-foot statistic. I worry people will think I'm conservative.
No worries, Amanda. There are such things as Pro Gun Progressives, after all. Besides, if you follow the Four Laws, you'll likely never become a statistic.

Finally, she asks:

What are your preconceived notions of gun owners? Are all guns evil? Or is it that some gun owners are evil? Do you own a gun? If so, why? If not, why?
No comments as of yet.

UPDATE: John Lott has more.


Conservative. Heh.

2 comments:

Amanda Nalley said...

Thanks for featuring me Rustmeister. Much appreciated.

Rustmeister said...

Anything that increases the dialog. =)